Other - Cornbread

Cornbread
March 13, 2011

There's nothing better than cornbread made in a cast-iron skillet. My mom made this cornbread for me countless times when I was growing up (though not in cast-iron) - I tweak it every now and again but it's a back-of-the-box recipe from Albers Cornmeal found in the states. Of course, I use cornmeal I find locally in London. The crust is crisp, sugary, and buttery - reminds me of my aunt's gorgeous butter crisps. And the crumb is super fluffy and light - but once you start shoveling it in you realize why it's called cornbread and not corncake. Give a few of those recipes a try, varying up the type of flour, milk, butter, and sugar you use until you find a combination you like. I like to substitute lard and other fats instead of butter. :) happy eating. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment